List-o-Mania erupts at Hacker Group! We're celebrating the 25 years of our history with 25 weeks of fun, fact-filled, bizarre, local,
international, heartbreaking, heartwarming and fascinating lists. Check back often to see what will make our next List of Lists.
Gilda’s amazing legacy
Hacker Group has been working hard the past few months to raise $25,000 for a local cause in honor of our 25th anniversary. The charity we picked is Gilda’s Club Seattle
Everyone knows someone with cancer, but we don’t always know what to do or say or how to help. Gilda’s Club Seattle offers social, emotional and educational support for cancer survivors, their loved ones and their friends.
Here’s what we know and love about Gilda’s Club Seattle:
- Gilda’s Club is named in honor of Gilda Radner, who wanted to create a place that would provide hope and friendship for people with cancer and their families and friends everywhere.
- Gilda’s Club programs serve anyone touched by cancer across the cancer continuum — from diagnosis through treatment and post-treatment, survivorship and bereavement — including children, teens and whole families.
- Membership in Gilda’s Club is free.
- Gilda’s Club has a wide variety of activities, including lectures, support groups, social events and workshops.
- Gilda’s Club named their kids’ playroom Noogieland. How fun is that?
- More than just emotional support, Gilda’s Club provides needed resources for people with a diagnosis and for caregivers.
- Gilda’s Club also includes a variety of mind/body classes and workshops with physical exercise, nutrition classes and expressive arts opportunities.